Re: Hugepages demand paging V1 [3/4]: Overcommit handling

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 06:23:21 EST

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 12:16:26PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I thought that was the state of the art for hugetlb pages already?

Only vacuously so, for mainline is not handling hugetlb faults.

The real impediment to all this is that no one is bothering to dredge
up architecture manuals for the architectures they're touching to
create plausible equivalents of update_mmu_cache(), clear_dcache_page()
(not considered by Lameter's patches at all), et al for hugetlb.

-- wli