Re: HARDWARE: Open-Source-Friendly Graphics Cards -- Viable?

From: Jurriaan
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:42:42 EST

From: Simon Braunschmidt <braunschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 03:14:26PM +0200
> If i could buy a card with complete documentation as original poster
> proposed, and with reprogramable logic, i would be willing to pay as
> much as 125 EURO/Dollar.
>
> Key features for me are:
>
> DVI out
> no fan
> very low power requirements, something like < 4.5Watt
> must be able to play fair with my second gfx card for gaming(deactivated
> when i work)
> basic SDK
>
> Cool extras would be (2D):
> video acceleration (compatible with XvMC)

YES - that I'd like to see, and make it hdtv-compatible (allowing to
view hdtv-streams on say a P4 2.0)

Also, I want the very best signal quality - the best 1600x1200@100 Hz or
1920x1080@80 Hz that money can buy.

I'd be willing to pay up to US$ 250 for such a card.

Jurriaan
--
I am the wrong number that wakes you at 3:00 a.m.
Darkwing Duck