cpufreq problems

From: Jan Killius
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 12:13:47 EST

Hello,
I'm using the cpufreq ondemand scaling governor for my athlon64 system. My
problem is every time the governor is scaling up the cpu frequency, my sound
is stuttering for a second. I'm using jack for my sound output. First
everything is ok the daemon is starting up without a delay. But if the cpu
speed goes high I'm getting a continuous delay of ~30694.000 usecs...
At the moment im using 2.6.9-ck1. The problem exists also in 2.6.9 and every
other 2.6 kernel, that I've used before with this feature. Before 2.6.9 I had
used the cpudyn daemon for it, there occur the same problem.

/proc/cpuinfo(low freq):
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 879.954
cache size : 1024 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscallnx mmxext lm 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 1730.15
TLB size : 1088 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp

/proc/cpuinfo(high freq):
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 2199.887
cache size : 1024 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscallnx mmxext lm 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 4325.37

--
Jan