Re: HARDWARE: Open-Source-Friendly Graphics Cards -- Viable?

From: Pascal Patry
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 11:32:41 EST

I have to say that it's a really good idea... For my point of view, I think that stability is the best point to get. But getting a such type of graphic board with the open source community will be stable enough in a small amount of time...

As I said, I agree completely with the subject and I think that trying to get a small team to begin development is the first step to go though...

Pascal

Timothy Miller wrote:

Kurt Wall wrote:

(5) What's most important to you, performance, price, or stability?

Stability, followed by performance. I'm less price sensitive than I used to
be.

But only if there are lots of people and/or system integrators who feel the same would we have a viable product.