Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8

From: Mark_H_Johnson
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 10:02:44 EST

>do you have PREEMPT_REALTIME enabled? The above trace is a direct
>interrupt - only the timer interrupt is allowed to execute directly in
>the PREEMPT_REALTIME model - things break badly if it happens for any
>other interrupt (such as the soundcard IRQ).
Yes I have PREEMPT_REALTIME enabled.

The thing that comes to mind is I do have a script that does
echo 0 > '/proc/irq/10/Esoniq AudioPCI/threaded
as part of ensuring the all the preemption stuff was set right. I may
have run that script prior to getting those messages. I thought you
said before that the non threaded IRQ stuff was disabled. Perhaps this
interface needs to be disabled as well [unless you really decide to
fix this limitation...].

I was already going into that script to add something like...
for N in 1 3 4 6 8 10 11 12 14 15 ; do
chrt -p -f 99 `pidof "IRQ $N"`
done
to make all the threaded IRQ's max priority RT fifo tasks. I can
certainly comment out the IRQ thread disable code while I'm at it.

--Mark H Johnson
<mailto:Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>