Re: Memory leak in 2.4.27 kernel, using mmap raw packet sockets

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 09:33:14 EST

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 04:39:09PM +0300, O.Sezer wrote:
> I can't find to which suse kernel these patch(es) apply. I assume
> your first one comes down to the attached one-liner for vanilla-2.4,
> can you confirm?

yes.

> For your second: I think it needs your 9999_z-get_user_pages_pte_pin-1
> patch applied beforehand?. Without that patch, are there any problems

... plus yet another incremental patch not yet in 2.4.23aa3. I'll
upload an aa4 soon with all of this included.

> to be fixed? Can you post patches for vanilla kernels, please?

I'll upload an aa4, then the future 9999_z-get_user_pages_pte_pin-2 will
included every known fix to get_user_pages. I hope it's the same for
you. I've a set of incremental fixes, and I'll join all of them together
in 9999_z-get_user_pages_pte_pin-2 (the PageReserved fix will get mixed
into it too, I hope that's not too confusing, the idea is that such
patch will fix all issues in get_user_pages in 2.4).