Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U8

From: Florian Schmidt
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 08:48:20 EST

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:53:26 +0200
Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> setting them to SCHED_FIFO even with a prio of 99 won't help. will try
> rebooting to see if it's reproducable
>
> flo

ok, it seems it was coincidence that the mouse skipping started at the time
of my echo 1 > trace_enabled.. This time it just started sometime after
boot. The scheduler class of the different irq's seems to have no influence
[i experimented with SCHED_FIFO and SCHED_OTHER for irq 1, 8, 12 and 3 and 10
[the latter two are my soundcards irq's].

~$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 480317 XT-PIC timer 0/80317
1: 1731 XT-PIC i8042 0/1731
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade 0/0
3: 10828 XT-PIC CS46XX 0/10828
5: 390 XT-PIC eth0 0/390
8: 4 XT-PIC rtc 0/4
10: 251556 XT-PIC SiS SI7012 0/51556
12: 16605 XT-PIC i8042 0/16604
14: 1151 XT-PIC ide0 0/1151
15: 26537 XT-PIC ide1 0/26537
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

Btw: i just experienced two pauses again, so the patch didn't really fix it
:( hrmm..

I get the feeling that something indeterministic is going on. Still no BUG's
in either dmesg output nor in the syslog.

flo