Re: Proposal: Desktop kernel bk tree/patchset.

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 08:42:56 EST

El Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:49:37 +1000 Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi all.
>
> I want to get some feedback. I'm considering making a tree/patchset
> aimed at the desktop user: Linus kernel + PM, USB and so on patches,
> Win4Lin patches and perhaps [I/O] scheduler improvements.
>
> What do people think?

What about the -ck patchset, which seems to be the "official" (read as:
"there aren't many others around") desktop kernel? It targets desktops and
it has been around for a while. It seems to have a largue user base, some
distros use it by default (like yoper).

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/