Re: [RFC] Structural changes for Documentation directory

From: Jim Nelson
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 06:36:41 EST

Dave Jones wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:00:37PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > The other possibility is to have a TODO file with a list of out-of-date > > files, and have the removal of the file listing in the TODO file be part > > of the patch submission.
> > It all sounds too complex. ./docs/ is fine.

asides from bloating up interdiffs, what does moving stuff around
gain us over just fixing stuff in place ? Do we really have
that much out of date documentation to justify this ?

Dave

Well, before I started this thread, I actually looked through the root Documentation directory, taking notes, and there were 40 files that were definitely out of date, and 10 that were not obviously out of date, but had no indication that it had been updated recently.

That's without digging into the subdirectories.

Jim