Re: [ACPI] RE: PATCH/RFC: driver model/pmcore wakeup hooks (1/4)

From: Li Shaohua
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 20:58:13 EST

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 01:02, David Brownell wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 October 2004 20:51, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 October 2004 04:11 am, Li, Shaohua wrote:
> > > A final solution is device core adds an ACPI layer. That is we can
> link
> > > ACPI device and physical device. This way, the PCI device can know
> which
> > > ACPI is linked with it, so the PCI API can use specific ACPI
> method.
>
> The driver model core has platform_notify hooks for device add/remove,
> and ACPI should kick in that way ... they might well need tweaks
> though.
The platform_notify information isn't enough to find an ACPI device for
a physical device. To find an ACPI device, the bus information and
device information is needed. Only the specific bus knows the meaning of
an device's id, so I think the bus type should provide a callback to
interpret device id.

Thanks,
Shaohua