Machines self-power-up with 2.6.9-rc3 (evo N620c, ASUS, ...)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 14:24:59 EST

Hi!

I'm seeing bad problem with N620c notebook (and have reports of more
machines behaving like this, for example ASUS L8400C.) If I shutdown
machine with lid closed, opening lid will power the machine up. Ouch.
2.6.7 behaves okay.

Ouch, acpi=off makes it even worse [2.6.9-rc3, N620c]. I get some very
strange show on the leds (battery charge led blinks fast?!), then
machine powers up itself. This happens even with lid initially
open. 2.6.7 works as expected.

Any ideas?
Pavel