Re: High pitched noise from laptop: processor.c in linux 2.6

From: Lee Revell
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 12:08:28 EST

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 12:37, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> I've noticed my laptop makes a slight noise whenever there's heavy
> network traffic. Maybe that could be used to control the pitch even
> without a kernel hack.

Well, in your case the bad capacitors might be in the NIC. The ethernet
phones at my last job were so cheaply made that you could hear it ARPing
through your computer speakers.

I bet you could actually identify the singing capacitor using a
telephone toner wand. IMHO this is a bad enough problem to RMA it.
What if you had bought the thing for sound recording?

Lee