Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 15:31:01 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:

Note it's all 3-letter stuff. They just couldn't do
any better...... Maybe SCO has a patent on all 3-letter
logos and that's what they are complaining about!! I'm
pretty sure the Intel guys will get a kick out of the
"SMP" claim!

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

They also claim Linux NUMA (a four letter word) is their as well, I forgot to mention
this one. I removed this one also. This claim is a little more out there since Dolphin
and Sequent developed hardware around it and on other Unixes. I don't think I agree with
this one but we don't use NUMA either.

Jeff