Re: unregister_netdevice 2.6.9

From: Lukasz Trabinski
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 14:42:40 EST

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ???? wrote:

> > whreis xxxx is name of sit device, created via script
>
> Is your box acting as router, or host?
> % sysctl -a |grep ipv6|grep forwarding

lt:~# sysctl -a |grep ipv6|grep forwarding
net.ipv6.conf.atman6.forwarding = 0
net.ipv6.conf.eth1.forwarding = 0
net.ipv6.conf.eth0.forwarding = 0
net.ipv6.conf.lo.forwarding = 0
net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 0
net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 0

atman6 is sit device, ipv6 is loaded as module.

> What is happend if you let the interface down and delete it before
> becore rebooting?

OK, if interface is down, system is rebooting correctly.

I had made tests with shutdown interfaces, but i shutdowned wrong sit
interface. :( Sorry for that.

Anyway, ipip interfaces no need to be shutdown before reboot. Is it
problem in sit_cleanup()?

--
ŁT