RE: PATCH/RFC: driver model/pmcore wakeup hooks (1/4)

From: Li, Shaohua
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 04:13:39 EST

A final solution is device core adds an ACPI layer. That is we can link
ACPI device and physical device. This way, the PCI device can know which
ACPI is linked with it, so the PCI API can use specific ACPI method.
You are right, we currently haven't a method to reach the goal. To match
a physical device and ACPI device, we need to know the ACPI device's
_ADR and bus.
I have a toy to link the PCI device and ACPI device, and some PCI
function can use _SxD method and _PSx method to get some information for
suspend/resume.

Thanks,
Shaohua