2.6.9, gpm, framebuffer console --> blanking characters

From: Seth Arnold
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 01:42:19 EST

Hello, I'm using linux 2.6.9, Debian's gpm 1.19.6-18 package, on my g3
ibook. I'm using the frame buffer console. I've compiled in:

CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y
CONFIG_FB_OF=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y

When I use gpm to "mouse over" characters on the console, the character
under the cursor is removed, and it isn't re-drawn when the mouse leaves
the character. It is only re-drawn when selected with gpm -- scrolling
the screen doesn't re-paint the characters.

So, the screen will look something like this:

# CONFIG_FB_ATY128 is not set
# CONFIG TY is not set
# CONFIG FB_ S is no t
# CONFIG FB_N MAGIC s not set
# CONFI FB_KY is ot set
# CONFIG_FB_3DF not set

lspci reports:
0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Any suggestions? Thanks