Re: PATCH/RFC: driver model/pmcore wakeup hooks (1/4)

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 22:41:47 EST

On Friday 15 October 2004 11:03 pm, Len Brown wrote:
> > - ACPI (this should probably replace the new /proc/acpi/wakeup)
>
> Agreed. That file is a temporary solution.
> The right solution is for the devices to appear in the right
> place in the device tree and to hang the wakeup capabilities
> off of them there.

So what would that patch need before ACPI could convert to use it?

I didn't notice any obvious associations between the strings in
the acpi/wakeup file and anything in sysfs. Which of USB1..USB4
was which of the three controllers shown by "lspci" (and which
one was "extra"!), as one head-scratcher.

For PCI, I'd kind of expect pci_enable_wake() to trigger the
additional ACPI-specific work to make sure the device can
actually wake that system. Seems like dev->platform_data
might need to combine with some platform-specific API hook.

- Dave