Re: -final, a huge keyboard lag is back

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 15:13:19 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

for the last 3 or 4 minor revisions, and 3 different kde installs I have had a situation wherein the keyboard repeat goes down to less than 1 per second, making it very difficult to go back and fix the typu's my ancient fingers inevitably make. The effect came and went at seemingly random times.

Does this happen on console, or just in X?

I am currently seeing: fast keyboard repeat immediately after keypress, for one second. After that, keyboard repeat slows immediately and dramatically, to a slower but consistent repeat rate.

This doesn't happen in console.

Jeff