Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U5

From: hui
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 15:04:55 EST

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 09:46:32PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> since 2.6.9's release is imminent there will unlikely be an -rc4-mm2,
> 2.6.9-mm1 should be the next one.

The new kgdb logic is a bit foreign to me. I'll have to look at it a
bit more, but this kgdb build problem is criticial for a certain
part of the kernel community that needs it. I've commented out that
section and rebuilding it now.

To get kgdb work (referencing my tree), I've just demoted all of the
spinlocks in arch/i386/{kernel,lib}/kgdb*.c files. It's pretty straight
forward, nothing tricky at all.

bill