Re: Building on case-insensitive systems

From: Albert Cahalan
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 15:03:21 EST

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 13:16, Dan Kegel wrote:

> >>Seems you are not part of one of these organisations.
> >>That argument will not suffice.
> >
> > I was, twice, and it did suffice. Try it:
> >
> > "needed for revenue generation"
> > "required to meet customer needs"
> >
> > Don't be taking away the ammo.
> >
> > When the argument doesn't work, your organization
> > is obviously not fully committed to making a profit.
> > Politics are getting in the way. It's OK though,
> > since that just puts you at a market disadvantage.
> > Soon enough, the competiter will be hiring.
>
> "Politics are just getting in the way"?
> Boy, that's the pot calling the kettle black...

Hey, fight fire with fire.

The ".s" suffix is deeply rooted in tradition.

Since MacOS can handle case-sensitive UFS filesystems,
and it has just been reported that Microsoft SFU also
supports being case-sensitive, the problem is solved.
The only change needed is the way a library is linked.

Bummer, actually.