Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 12:28:55 EST

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > ok, then please try to do a sysrq-T. The bootup is soft-hung for some
> > reason, lets see what tasks are around.
> >

> Hey, all the captured files I've sent, minicom.cap{0,1,2,3,4,5}, includes
> the SysRq-T output, taken right after the hang. Am I missing something?

ah, ok, my fault. I started with minicom.cap.0 and stopped here:

SysRq : Emergency Sync

because this itself caused some regression too. It seems init is blocked
on the dcache_lock mutex, but lets first see whether 8K stacks fix your
box - stack overflows can cause nasty, mostly random bugs that look like
real bugs.

Ingo