mkinitrd in a chroot on 2.6

From: martin f krafft
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 10:11:28 EST

The Debian kernels create an initrd during the post-installation
phase. When installing a kernel package in a chroot (e.g. for
bootstrapping a new machine) using the 2.6.8.1 kernel, the machine
hangs itself up. Messages about __find_get_block_slow failing scroll
by the screen at fast pace, and previous SSH sessions into the box
are dead. If I use 2.4.27, this does not happen.

Would you have an idea what's causing this?

.''`. martin f. krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxx>
: :' : proud Debian developer, admin, and user
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system