Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 08:23:12 EST

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The point where the boot/init sequence stalls is marked with a
> "<<<---STALL--->>>" line mark. Then it follows the output of SysRq-S
> (Sync), SysRq-T (Trace), another SysRq-S (Sync), and finally a SysRq-B
> (reBoot).

thanks. Could you send me the full successful bootlog of -U4 with
PREEMPT_REALTIME disabled (but otherwise the same .config)?

this looks suspicious:

eth0: -- ERROR --
Class: internal Software error
Nr: 0x1ae
Msg: General: Driver release date not initialized
eth0: -- ERROR --
Class: internal Software error
Nr: 0x1ae
Msg: General: Driver release date not initialized
eth0: 3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940)
eth0: network connection down
PrefPort:A RlmtMode:Check Link State

is this normal? Could the stall simply be a bootup stall due to no
network available?

Ingo