IO-APIC missing interrupts

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 07:28:25 EST

I'm having some problems with the IO-APIC on a Acer Aspire 1501LMI laptop (AMD64). When the IO-APIC is enabled it misses some interrupts. Using noapic makes everything work fine.

The problem appears during fifo transfers when interrupts are frequent. My guess is that if a new interrupt is signaled while still in the interrupt handler, the new interrupt gets ignored.

The device in question is a LPC/ISA device.

Are there perhaps some special commands that need to be executed by the driver when on an APIC system?

Rgds
Pierre