Re: Disk full and writting to pre-allocated area on ReiserFS

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 10:23:42 EST

Peter Zaitsev wrote:

Hi,

I'm running SuSE 9.1 Kernel 2.6.5-7.108-default But I would guess it applies to large variety of platforms as we have
customers reporting the same problem.

I'm using reiserfs:
/dev/md0 on /data type reiserfs (rw,noatime,notail,data=writeback)

The problem is in case of disk full condition, "Disk full" error is
being reported even if write happens to Pre-Allocated area, in my case
to Innodb recovery log files.

This is very unfortunate as in such case Innodb has no way but to
terminate database server. These logs are specially pre-allocated so one would not run in such condition.

Question: Is there any way to avoid this problem with Reiserfs ?

vs or chris or jeff, can you comment?