Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: Lee Revell
Date: Sat Oct 16 2004 - 01:18:17 EST

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 06:26, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i have released the -U3 PREEMPT_REALTIME patch:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

OK, I got this to build by enabling CONFIG_SMP, but it died during the
boot process. It may have been network related, as it hung on when
running ntpdate. I hit ctrl-C and the boot process continued, but as
soon as gdm started I got a blank screen, I could not get to X or the
console.

Oct 16 02:01:22 krustophenia kernel: eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
Oct 16 02:01:22 krustophenia kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 17

This was the last thing in dmesg. I did not see any errors at all
during the boot process.

I suspect the network driver, via-rhine.

Lee