Problems with Highpoint driver

From: Ian Leonard
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 03:41:45 EST

I have an Itox G4C600 motherboard with on board Highpoint HPT366/370 ide
controller. I am trying to use the 4 available IDE channels separately
(i.e. not as raid). The hpt366 driver sees drives on the 1st channel but not on the 2nd. The Highpoint bios sees all drives.

I tried Highpoint's driver and it sees all drives work (although they used the scsi interface which is not good for me).

I had also tried a different board (same model) and this had the odd problem of seeing different combinations of the disks depending on how
the SATA was configured in the BIOS.

Kernel is 2.4.28-pre3. Ideas welcome. Thanks.

--
Ian Leonard

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.