Re: Hard lockup on IBM ThinkPad T42

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 20:15:09 EST

> Can you confirm that it happens mostly when X has dropped into the
> screensaver and tries to come back?

I'm not sure. I've definitely seen it frozen in the screensaver a few
times (not necessarily when it tries to come back -- I've seen the
screensaver stuck as well). However, I did get a freeze just using
the console, and I've also gotten a freeze with the screensaver set to
just blank.

I guess right now I'm most suspicious about the following things:
- radeon driver. I've switched from radeonfb to vesafb and still had hangs
X11 ati driver still could be an issue
- ipw2200 driver
- interrupt sharing (everything seems to be wired to IRQ 11)

Unfortunately since I haven't been able to get _any_ post-hang
debugging info it's hard to make progress debugging.

Thanks,
Roland