Re: Windows Logical Disk Manager error

From: Marcin Gibuła
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 18:52:05 EST

> Volume3 is a simple one partition volume which is the second LDM
> partition on your other harddisk.  You can just mount that with the vfat
> driver.

Yep, it's working.

> Volume6 is a two partition concatenated volume mad up of partitions sda4
> (109GiB) and sda2 (32kiB!) (in this order!) on the disk you sent me the
> ldm dump from.  You should assemble this as described for Volume2 and
> then mount the created MD device with the ntfs driver.

Maybe I should explain what is my disc layout...
Volume2 is one partition, and Volume6 is mounted as one of its directories,
something like:

D:\  <- Volume2
D:\download <- Volume6

Volume6 works fine without using software raid though.  Volume2 does not.

> Let me know how it goes.  Both success and failures are interesting to
> me as I do not remember anyone actually having had spanned ldm volumes
> before so it would be nice to know it all works...

I've tried the following:

# mdadm --build /dev/md1 -l linear -n 2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda3
mdadm: array /dev/md1 built and started.
# mount /dev/md1 /mnt/d
# ls /mnt/d
ls: reading directory /mnt/d: Input/output error

dmesg output:
NTFS volume version 3.1.
NTFS-fs error (device md1): ntfs_readdir(): Actual VCN (0x6e68dc76fa7923) of
index buffer is different from expected VCN (0x4). Directory inode 0x5 is
corrupt or driver bug.

--
mg