Re: promise controller resource alloc problems with ~2.6.8

From: CaT
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 18:33:35 EST

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:21:10PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, CaT wrote:
> > dmesg does mention it though as:
> >
> > PDC20267: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:0d.0
> > PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0d.0
> > PCI: Unable to reserve I/O region #5:40@1080 for device 0000:00:0d.0
>
> Please send along /proc/ioports for both the working and the non-working
> version (that's assuming that you can boot far enough in the nw version
> to get it, of course, but the nw version is actually the more interesting
> one, so please try ;).

I have the one from 2.6.9-rc2-bk8 available to me (last time I booted I
had time to grab lots of things) so I've attached that and the current
one. If you need the rc3 it'll need to wait another 8 hours or so as I'm
currently away from the PC.

> Also, does the attached patch (written by Shaohua Li based on suggestions
> by me) solve the problem? My suspicion is that ACPI tables do bad things,
> and that this might fix it..

Will try when I get home.

--
Red herrings strewn hither and yon.