Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 18:27:19 EST

On 2004.09.27, Andrew Morton wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.9-rc2/2.6.9-rc2-mm4/

- ppc64 builds are busted due to breakage in bk-pci.patch

- sparc64 builds are busted too. Also due to pci problems.

- Various updates to various things. In particular, a kswapd artifact which
could cause too much swapout was fixed.

- I shall be offline for most of this week.

I have a 'little' problem. PS2 mouse is jerky as hell, an when you mismatch
the protocol in X. Both in console and X.
I'm lucky I have an usb mouse.

One other question. Isn't /dev/input/mice supposed to be a multiplexor
for mice ? I think I remember some time when I could have both a PS2 and
a USB mouse connected and X pointer followed both. Now if I boot with the
USB mouse plugged, the PS2 one does not work. If I boot with usb unplugged
and plug it after boot, both work; usb mouse works fine, and PS2 just
jumps half screen each time I move it, and with big delays.

Something is broken in PS2 handling ?

NOTE: they are not really standard protocol mice, but trackballs; PS2 one is
a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX, and the other a Cordless Trackman FX, usb.

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free