Re: 2.6.9-rc3 software suspend (pmdisk) stopped working

From: Mitch
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:38:49 EST

Kevin Fenzi <kevin-linux-kernel () scrye ! com> wrote:

> /sys/power/disk is for deciding how to do suspend to disk.
> shutdown = do it with the in kernel code
> platform = do it with the BIOS code
>
> Mitch> ~% cat /sys/power/disk
> Mitch> shutdown
> Mitch> ~% cat /sys/power/state
> Mitch> standby mem disk

Well i've not got 'platform' in my /sys/power/disk, so how do
i enable it ?

> Mitch> Remember this worked fine in -rc2.
>
> Yes, but in rc3 the merge between pmdisk and swsusp1 happened.
> It basically has totally changed between rc2 and rc3.
>
> So, looks like that setting is right.
>
> So if you wait until it's done writing out pages and hard power it
> off, does it resume?

Well it just continues the script and reenables power to all devices,
and starts the network, spins up disk, etc, so i'm not sure it's wise
to hard power off. There's no pause inbetween.

> Does it work if you boot with:
> acpi=off

I don't use ACPI. My lappie only supports APM. The bios did power off
the laptop correctly in -rc2.