patch for divert mechanism needed

From: Saber Zrelli
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 12:04:10 EST

Hi folks ,
I ve heard that the divert socket mechanism is not supported anymore in the current linux kernels .
I was surprised to know that , is there a reason ?
then I wanted to use an older kernel but I couldn t find informations about which kernel support the divert mechanism ,
I know there are some patches but couldn t find any of them ,
so please, does any one knows where can i have such a patch to make my kernel support divert sockets ?

Many thanks .

--
Saber