Re: FSCK message suppressed during booting? (2.6.9-rc2)

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 01:00:18 EST

In article <415B5034.6060809@xxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> That is, under previous 2.4.xx kernel, I would have gotten
> "The disk was not unmounted cleanly. Running fsck." or
> some such message and fsck printed its
> progress bar using ASCII characters.

Well, this is not a kernel function, your Distribution is calling fsck in
the bootup scripts, and fsck is calling the filesystem specific
implementation and this is checking if fsck is needed.

If you do not get this messages anymore contact your linux distribution
provider.

Do you habe maybe a journalling filesystem? Or do you have set some flags to
force the skip of fsck (/fastboot)

Greetings
Bernd
--