Re: mmap() on cdrom files fails since 2.6.9-rc2-bk2 (Was: in -mmX)

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 15:28:39 EST

Quoting myself:

> I think I found a bug in 2.6.9-rc2-mm4. It doesn't seem to be able to
> mmap() files located on cdroms. Same problem with -mm3 and -mm1.
> 2.6.9-rc2 works fine. I reproduced it on two completely different
> systems, so I guess it isn't device dependant.

Looks like I should have done more testing before reporting. The problem
is not only in -mmX, it shows in the -bk series as well. The mmap()
problem I am experiencing seems to have been introduced between
2.6.9-rc2-bk1 and 2.6.9-rc2-bk2. This somewhat narrows the research
field.

I still don't know how to investigate the problem any further.
Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare