Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc2-mm4-S7

From: Lee Revell
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 12:44:53 EST

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 20:05, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i've released the -S7 VP patch:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc2-mm4-S7

I think I might be seeing the mysterious network problems that K. R.
Foley reported. The symptoms are that Evolution often fails to download
mail with various errors like "Interrupted system call", "Connection
reset by peer". I can't rule out a bug in Evolution, but this did not
seem to happen with 2.6.8.1.

These problems could also be related to the changes to the via-rhine
driver. ISTR that when the VP patches were based on 2.6.8.1, I applied
the patches from -mm4 affecting via-rhine, and that was when the problem
was introduced.

I will try backing these out and see if the problem goes away.

Lee