Data corruption on IDE disk via USB.

From: Joshua Ross
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 05:11:51 EST

I have an external hard drive with an IDE interface. This goes through
a USB2.0-IDE adapter. I'm getting silent corruption of data when
copying big files to the drive, but not consistently. The partition was
originally ext3, but I'm now mounting it ext2 and sync. Still getting
the corruption.

Running on: Linux albert 2.6.8.1 #5 i686 Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 -
M CPU 1.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux.

Any suggestions about stopping the corruption/diagnosing what's going
on?

Thanks.

p.s. Please cc me in replies since I read the list through hypermail.