Re: 2.4.27: md RAID1 oops on alpha revisited

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 23:52:58 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:24:34PM +0400, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:44:24AM +0200, Ingvar Hagelund wrote:
> > We have a Compaq Alphaserver DS10 466 MHz running Debian Woody with a
> > self compiled 2.4.27 from kernel.org. We have not been able to make it
> > run stable on md RAID1. It always crashes in less than an hour
> > uptime, presumely while stressing the RAID code. Running on single
> > disks, it's rock stable.
>
> The problem seems to be in qlogic isp1020 driver, not in the RAID code.
> I've seen exactly the same oops report, but that had happened while
> writing to SCSI tape.

I would like to add that I have nearly the same setup with the exception of
an adaptec card and RAID5 instead of RAID1, and it's rock solid. I never had
an oops nor a crash on it and it's my file server. So if it was a RAID1 bug,
it does not affect RAID5 (unlikely). Thus, I too think it's related to the
SCSI driver.

Regards,
Willy