Re: [Patch] i386: Xbox support

From: Ed Schouten
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 17:12:16 EST

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:45:33 -0400, Rahul Karnik <deathdruid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Linus rejected a similar (slightly larger patch) last year.

> That said, he does change his mind. Is this still a "politically hot potato"?

>From my point of view it isn't. Xbox-Linux already exists for three
years and Microsoft still haven't done anything against it. It would
be silly if they would file a lawsuit against us, after three years.

If they would, it would be useless anyway. Quote from xbox-linux.org:
"Everything done on this project is for the sole purpose of writing
interoperable software under Sect. 1201 (f) Reverse Engineering
exception of the DMCA."

Sect. 1201 (f) can be read here:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/DVD/1201.html#f

Yours,