nmi watchdog failure on dual Athlon box

From: Joerg Sommrey
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 11:34:58 EST

Hello,

just tried Ingo's "lockupcli" nmi watchdog test - it fails to unlock the
box.

boot-parm:
...nmi_watchdog=2...

dmesg:
testing NMI watchdog ... OK.

/proc/interrupts:
NMI: 115 103

So far everything looks fine. But after running Ingo's "lockupcli" the
box is locked (surprise!) but there is no nmi watchdog killing anything.
The system gets rebooted from the w83627hf WDT after 60 s.

System:
Tyan Tiger MPX (S2466)
2 x Athlon MP 2000+
kernel 2.6.8.1

nmi_watchdog=1 has never worked for me (except 2.6.3-mm4).

I'm not really surprised at this test as I had a couple of lockups in
the past that were never resolved by the nmi watchdog.

Any ideas?

-jo

--
-rw-r--r-- 1 jo users 63 2004-09-28 17:44 /home/jo/.signature