Probing for System Model Information

From: Brian McGrew
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 08:39:51 EST

Good morning All!

We exclusively ship Dell boxes with our hardware. However, we use several different models, 1400's, 1600's, 2350's, 4600's and so on. I need to write a small program to probe the system for the model information since I don't seem to find it in the logs anywhere.

I know the model info is in there somewhere and it's accessible because if I look on the default factory installed version of Windows, it's listed.

Does anyone know how to do this or can you point me to one that's already done or some samples?

Thanks,

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx || brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx }
---