Re: [Patch] i386: Xbox support

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 04:19:59 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Well, I ask because there is probably quite a large number of embedded type
devices devices that you could "just add a small patch for" to get it working.

Yes, and we support most of them :-). This is not really different
from all the arm platforms etc.

Yeah OK. I don't want to turn this into an argument, but the difference
is AFAIK, that many of them are made *for* running Linux (or at least as
a supported configuration). While the xbox requires you to circumvent
the hardware.

But on the other hand, "why not?" :)

As I said, so long as Linus or Andrew is happy with it, I don't care.