Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 20:44:19 EST

On Monday 27 September 2004 16:17, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Matt Heler <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yup, turning opff pre-emptable bkl makes it boot up and work just
>> fine.
>
>do you know which particular subsystem broke (by comparing the
> failed and the successful bootlogs)?

How do we save the broken bootlog when the machines only response is
to the reset key?

> Could you boot with 'debug' on
> the boot command line - do you get more messages around the hang
> that could pinpoint the breakage?
>
> Ingo

I could rebuild it and try, but the best capture is gonna be my
digital camera off the screen, whose output is about 750KB per frame.
Tommorrow maybe, I spent the afternoon warming a seat in the Dr's
reception room.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)