Re: reiserfs and SCSI oops seen in 2.6.9-rc2 with local SCSI diskIO

From: Chris Mason
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 15:59:39 EST

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:42 -0400, David Wysochanski wrote:
> Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 11:03:08AM -0400, David Wysochanski wrote:
> > > I can reproduce this pretty easily with local disk.
> > >
> > > Here's some details about my setup (attached is the
> > > full kernel config):
> > > - dell 2650 (dual xeon, hyperthreading disabled)
> > > - 1 local SCSI disk (root volume)
> > > - 2 local SCSI disks (data), each with 10 partitions
> > > of 100MB each, 6 of them reiserfs filesystems, 3 of them
> > > ext3, and 3 of them ext2 (total of 20 unique filesystems)
> > > - one instance of test program running on each of the
> > > 20 filesystems

Can you reproduce with a smaller test setup? Say just the 6 reiserfs
partitions of 100MB each? Is a mix of filesytems required to trigger
the bug or can you trigger with reiser alone?

I'm having a hard time triggering here, but since your oopsen so
consistently include roughly the same paths in reiserfs, I'd expect this
isn't a scsi problem. I've got an aic7892 card, so our test setups are
at least similar.

-chris