strange network slowness in 2.6 unless pingflooding

From: CaT
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 04:07:23 EST

Hi,

This is still happening. I ran the same set of tests on a totally
different network, with my xircom realport ethernet card (tulip
driver - 16bit) and from linux to linux and windows to linux. Scrolling
through a message in mutt eventually slows down and if I lift my finger
off the enter key whilst it's slow the scrolling keeps going, as if it
was all bufferd. If I do a pingflood (ping -f) from a machine to my
laptop it's all fine.

I am also now running 2.6.9-rc1-mm4.

Help? :/

----- Forwarded message from CaT <cat@xxxxxxxxxx> -----