RE: Help Requested with patching "drivers/pci/quirks.c"

From: Roberts-Thomson, James
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 19:22:20 EST

Randy,

Thanks so much for your help.

> lspci -x -d 8086:24c3

OK, that (with the explanation of the values) helped a lot. I've got a
subsystem vendor of 0e11 and subsystem device of 00b8. I guess that
explains the values from "pcitweak -l", which where

PCI: 00:1f:3: chip 8086,24c3 card 0e11,00b8 rev 01 class 0c,05,00 hdr 00

As I said earlier, I'm willing to believe I had the information and didn't
recognise it; and I guess we confirmed that.

OK, now to patch and recompile the kernel, and see how we go....

If this works, I'll submit the patch for inclusion in "quirks.c" - I'll
leave it up to the appropriate maintainers to decide if they want it or
not....

Thanks again,

James Roberts-Thomson

LKML Readers: Please ignore the following disclaimer - this email is
explicitly declared to be non confidential and does not contain privileged
information.

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.
If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email
and delete the emails.
Thank you.