Re: 2.6.9-rc2-mm3: swsusp horribly slow on AMD64

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 17:04:51 EST

On Sunday 26 of September 2004 22:48, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> >>Try to unload all modules etc, see if it goes away.
> >
> > I guess it will, but I'll check.
>
> please try attached patch first. The comments should explain it pretty
> well. It seems to have helped me: without it, sysrq-p during writing
> (even if not that slow) almost always was in pccardd, now it is idling
> in swapper task.
> Maybe i am totally wrong but you may give it a shot.

Does not help, sorry. :-(

> >>If not, fix sysrq to work for you, and look at backtrace.
> >
> > This would be more time-consuming. :-)
>
> maybe you just press wrong keys? On my Dell D600, although SysRQ is in
> blue on PrtSc, no Fn-Key is needed but only ALT-PrtSc.

It is possible, but I have two x86-64 boxes, one of which is a regular PC with
no Fn-Key whatsoever, and it doesn't work on both, apparently.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.