[BUG: 2.6.9-rc2-bk11] input completely dead in X

From: Micha Feigin
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 15:05:03 EST

Just tried kernel 2.6.9-rc2-bk11 and when I start X input is completely
dead (including num-lock, caps-lock, sysrq and mouse). The computer is
otherwise functional (I can log in with ssh, kill X and everything is
functional again).

In the console is completely functional, before and after starting X.

I had exactly the same behavior with mm kernels from version 2.6.7 or
2.6.8 (not sure) onwards, which was fixed by reversing the bk-input
patch.

kernel 2.6.9-rc2 works fine.

The machine is Sony Vaio PCG-FXA53 laptop (amd 1500+ and via chipset).
The keyboard is recognized as ps2 AFAIK and the touchpad is an alps
(with the alps kernel patch).