Re: [2.6] smbfs & "du" illness

From: Jeremy Allison
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 12:19:52 EST

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 10:11:04AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Besides which, on HPUX (which these extensions were
> first created for) it returns st_blocks in 8192 byte
> units, not 512, so your claim is incorrect.

Oh yeah, and checking our configure.in, Stratos VOS
uses 4096 for the same units. That's when I gave up
in horror (I, like you, used to think it was 512 :-).
The original smbclient test code failed to return the
correct value when connecting to HPUX because of this,
we used to multiply by 512 bytes to show the user the
complete number.

Jeremy "standard, what standard ?" Allison.