Re: [BK] Changing driver core/sysfs/kobject symbol exports to GPL only

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 23:28:43 EST

On Friday 24 September 2004 10:42 pm, Patrick Mochel wrote:
> What's life without a little controversey once in a while?
>
> The attached patch and referenced BK tree changes all the symbol exports
> in the driver core, sysfs, and the kobject core to EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL [1].

May I ask to keep class_simple and maybe platform_device_register_simple
available to non-GPL modules. These functions offer limited and documented
semantic and while it is impossible to build entire new subsystem around
them it will allow non-GPL stuff still be somewhat integrated - standard
hotplug mostly I think...

--
Dmitry